These cookies are one of our favourites to make around the holiday season. The aroma of the spices lingers in the air and the spiciness of the cookies excites our tastebuds. The birch syrup helps to pop the ginger flavor while incorporating the traditional molasses flavor of ginger cookies. This is a no fuss cookie to make which helps to free up your precious time during a busy holiday season.
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
3/4 tsp ground allspice
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup room temp unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 tsp dijon mustard
1/3 cup Fallen Leaves Birch Syrup.
1 large egg
1. Heat oven to 375 F
2. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper
3. Sift flour, baking soda, spices, and salt into a small bowl. Set aside
4. Mix sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
5. Scrape bowl, add Birch Syrup and mustard; mix till blended.
6. Scrape bowl again, add egg and mix till blended
7. Add flour mixture, blend, scrap bowl, and blend until smooth
8. Drop the dough in heaping tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the sheets. Bake cookies 12 to 15 minutes or until still slightly soft. Let cool completely on baking sheets. After the first day, store in a an airtight container.